God's World

What in the world is God doing this week?

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rumsfeld Inspired by God?

Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said this past week that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's leadership is inspired by God. The story can be found here.

I suppose it is flattering to Mr. Rumsfeld that Gen. Pace might think so.

For myself, I can't begin to judge Mr. Rumsfeld's heart. But I am troubled by his actions. Presumably, God's inspiration should lead someone to act in accordance with God's will as described to us in scripture.

I confess that I just don't see it.

Perhaps someone can show me how it is God's will that we be in Iraq, that we should maintain prison camps and suspend human rights in the name of security. God must be inspiring some pretty unusual things. Unusual, at least, compared to the words of God's Son when he said, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home